Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentines day treats for Isabel's kindergarten class!

Today we woke up snowed in in Alabama. There are just a couple of inches if any, but here a single sprinkle of snow dust paralyzes the town. So I decided to share a little Valentine's inspiration with you and show you the very simple and cute treat bags we, Isabel and I ,made for her kindergarten class valentine's day celebration. Maybe it will get you in the mood to do your very own :)


First we took some cute valentine's day themed photos of her. Ours are specially thought for valentine's, but you could use any cute picture you have taken lately of your child. I went into photoshop and designed a very simple template to accommodate a couple of the pictures and wrote a little message. I set up card stock on my home printer and printed 3 cards per page of 8.5x11cardstock.


We went to the store looking for fun red, pink and white candy. There was so much to choose from, but we choose red chewy hearts, the classic heart shaped with a little message, pick candy corn and some other little things that I had never seen, but they were just bright and fun.  We got your basic transparent plastic treat bags and used some ribbon I had in my craft drawer. Isabel loved the projects and she worked so hard writing everyone's name on the cards. I think she is very proud of her valentine's this year :)

Here are some photos to show you the process...hope you have a SUPER happy valentine's!



Hope you enjoyed the pictures and the small idea...and thank you for reading :)
Go check out many more great ideas at this awesome blog I just discovered...

   



1 comment:

  1. What a great idea Maria! Your photography is amazing and your children are beautiful just like their mom! Enjoy these days-my youngest just outgrew valentine parties at school :(
    PS Loving your exercise class-you're going to have us all in shape by summer :)
    Cheri Butler

    ReplyDelete