Thursday, February 3, 2011

The joy of love! day 3: Then and Now...

The Day 3 assignment for the "joy of love" class is to show the past and present through photography, of a loved one.

We got our first digital camera with the birth of our first born child. Funny because Kevin dropped it to the floor right on the birthing room and the Canon (always had a canon <3) broke into hundreds of pieces, and the battery compartment never closed right and had to be taped close after that. However, despite of the technical problems, I took so many pictures of this little girl, and she really gave meaning to the act of capturing memories...

Looking back into my hard drive and picking and choosing what pictures to show you has been so hard, sad, and fun at the same time; hard because you remember such great pictures, that before you had some sense of photography seemed beautiful and now they look bad and blurry and all wrong.  Of course after I decided which ones to use, I edited them a little to bring some cohesion to the group. 

Sad because you realize how much this little baby has changed and grown in just 5 years. How it seems yesterday that you brought her to this world, but somehow have already forgotten how chubby she was. Anyway...here are the photos...a recollection of pictures taken by me or my brother of the Most beautiful girl in this planet :)

I choose Kevin to be in some of the pictures...just because no men has every looked so great holding his baby girl :)


 And this is it...5 years in pictures; such a short time, but a lifetime for my little princess. 








1 comment:

  1. Oh Maria, they're all so good! I've always loved the photo of Isabel at the ski slopes, but the one of her in the polka dot bathing suit and the last one are new favs. So proud of you and all your creative endeavors! (including blogging, which I have always wanted to do but never made the time :) Hats off! <3

    ReplyDelete