Thursday, February 10, 2011

the joy of love day 9: Passions and hobbies

What are my love one's passions and hobbies? 

This is a tough question because we all like to do things here and there and enjoy different activities, but are they really our passions? I can tell you about mine and I have plenty, but I don't think most people do, or at least they don't develop them as they should. Life gets busy with work and family,  and we don't have time to do things that make us happy. Also our hobbies change throughout the years, and we sometimes even stop enjoying things we used to love before. 

I wanted to talk about Kevin, and his hobbies. However, I realized he hasn't really enjoyed most of those lately. His bike needs to get repaired, he doesn't have any training buddies here, and travels to much to be able to train for anything specific. It makes me sad to think that he might be filling some emptiness in this area. Also, he's out of town now so for obvious reasons he couldn't be photographed. 
  
So, I decided I will tell you about my little girl's passions and hobbies.  She loves to dance. I mean she dances all around the house at all times of the day. She goes to ballet, that I love because I used to dance as well for many years. It's one of those things she does that make me so deeply proud. I even have to admit that if one day she comes to me and tells me she wants to quit dancing I would be terribly disappointed. Another thing she loves to do is draw, and that's what I capture on my photographs for this Blog. She colors, makes little crafts; she loves anything and everything that has to do with creating and sharing with others. Mostly everyday she make her BFF's from Kindergarten cards and pictures, that she signs and writes notes on. She spend hours doing this and it's just too cute to pass...

On this occasion she was doing homework.  The assignment was to draw a picture and write a sentence about her lucky day.


 

Click above if you want to Join the Joy of Love class, or my logo if you want to be my friend on Facebook!

3 comments:

  1. HI!
    i am learning to take better pictures. i love the color in these photos. can you please share!! is it the light? photoshop?

    thank you!!
    anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all these different perspectives! Love the one where she is smiling! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna, I would love to explain step by step but would be better if you send me a message in FB. since there is no way to really answer here.
    the pictures are taken with natural light and a lamp in the kitchen was on. terrible light that day. Pictures had to be corrected for white balance in PS5. I also ran an action that gave them that color and did some more tweaking on PS.
    thanks for asking <3

    ReplyDelete