Wednesday, February 9, 2011

the joy of love day 8: Gift from the heart

On this assignment we had to photograph a gift that our love one has given us; the kind of gift that was so thoughtful and meaningful that it will be remembered forever.   A gift from the heart.

The best and most meaningful gift I have ever gotten is probably my engagement and wedding rings. We choose them together and I am so glad we did, because to this day I love them and would not change them for any other rings around. This rings represented the commitment he made to me; the promise to love me forever and stick with me through good and bad. I am happy to say that has been mostly great and that he has stuck to his promise.


This year Kevin surprised me twice... First he got me my first real camera; a canon rebel t21. I always wanted a good camera to take pictures of my kids, but never imagined how this single object would change my life. I discovered a passion in me I never had for anything else; a need to learn and grow as a photographer, and to share my pictures with the world. With this craft came the need of a new computer. My old PC was old and took forever to open Photoshop, it crashed constantly and made my life so difficult. This Christmas day Kevin surprised me with a iMac. It has 27 inch screen that I die every time I open a picture on it. I cried when I saw the box under the tree...and to this day I consider it the most thoughtful gift I have ever gotten. This computer represents the trust he has in me and my future as a photographer....and my goal is not to disappoint him or myself.




2 comments:

  1. I posted a comment yesterday, and it doesn't show up. So again today:
    I love your posts! I am waiting every day for the new one to enjoy the beautiful pictures accompanied with the great music. What a joy! It makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I told you today how proud of you, how excited for you I am? I am! (and Kevin too <3)
    Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete