Saturday, May 7, 2011

In the spirit of Mother's day...let's bake!

I use to be crafty with my kiddos and bake with them very often. I have to admit that since I started my photography business I spend more and more time on the computer and they on the TV...This makes me feel a little bad and it's just been so hard for me to adapt to my new routine and set of responsibilities that it's been almost impossible to balance my time at home between housework, kids and work...oh and spending time with my "Saint" of a husband that keeps up with all of it. 

Tomorrow is mother's day and I decided that even though I have tons of editing to do, I was going to just work the morning. So I did...finished up, blogged a gorgeous beach session and lay down to watch TV with Ian and play some "doctor" at the same time (me as the patient off course). After some of this "quality time"...I got a little bored and we decided to break out the "500 Cupcakes" cookbook. Yes friends...we made gorgeous pink cupcakes FROM SCRATCH and had a blast.


Think Pink Cupcakes

Recipe:

2 sticks of butter
1 cup of sugar
2 cups of flour
1 tsp of baking powder
4 eggs
1 tsp of vanilla


Mix all, and bake at 350 F for 20 minutes and Voila! awesome...fluffy, homemade cupcakes (the best part is the recipe makes just one tray so you don't get stuck with 24 cupcakes to add up to Kcal to burn next week)

Frosting: 1 stick of butter, 1 cup powder sugar,  2 tbsp of cream... and pink food coloring!!

I want to wish all you mommas out there a very blessed Mother's Day...and my hope to you is that you find some time tomorrow to dedicate to yourself for a change...(after you make these cupcakes...)

xoxo...from Maria Moore with love...


This images are copyright of MariaMoorePhotography, do not copy, print or alter in any way...thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment