Saturday, May 7, 2011

Nixon family: Destin beach photo session


I have been writing about the Tornadoes we had last week in Alabama...well, going back to Thursday (the day after) we woke up with no electricity and really little knowledge of what had happened the night before or what was going to transpire for the next few days. We decided to quickly go to the store to get ice and hot dogs and some other things we could cook on the grill and thought of it as a small adventure. Kevin and I picked up around the house and did some housekeeping to keep ourselves and the kids busy...but quickly we realized this non-electricity situation was going to be harder that we thought. 

Still we went through our day as normal, and took the kids to the park that afternoon. On our way I stopped at my good friend and neighbor's house and she was not so calm. She told us about the 5 days without electricity that were prognosticated and how she was heading off to the beach in a couple of hours.  I felt all of the sudden a scene of crisis and wondered if we should also go somewhere.

On our way back from the park she stopped us, and to make a long story short she invited us to join her. I couldn't believe her generosity. We of course said yes in a heart beat and we drove all night and woke up in Destin, Fl.

The weekend was amazing and one of the best vacations we have had in a while. The opportunity to get to know her better as a friend and a person and to bond with her children is something I will cherish forever. 

Saturday I took them down to the beach and we had an impromptu photo session, as a sign of my family's gratitude. I loved this session and how emotional it felt to me and to her. I just hope I did my job capturing in these photos the happiness in the air, and the love that emanated from this mother. 

Melika, I will never forget this weekend and the time we spent together. I will forever be grateful for you saving our family that weekend. I hope it will all come back to you and your family...and that all your hopes and wishes will come true. God bless...



This images are copyright of MariaMoorePhotography. Do NOT copy, print or alter in any way. 


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Maria! These photos are gorgeous! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IncreĆ­ble Maria, impresionante la calidad!

    ReplyDelete