Monday, May 21, 2012

101 Portraits: personal work


I haven't written a personal note in a long time...so here we go:

I am so tired I could scream...yes scream at the top of my lungs and then fall asleep for a week straight. 

Vacation is coming and I can't wait to get to Costa Rica and see my family (and sleep for a week straight).

This year has been amazing so far...my business keeps growing, I have figure out a good work pace that works for my family, and personally as a photographer I have grown tremendously. This craft I am in is a tricky one. There is many of us so called photogs and many "styles", personalities and talents (or lack off) the only way to stay growing is by improving your work to separate from the crowd.

I have been very lucky to have a few mentors and photog friends that have help me along the way... and that have inspired me in this journey. I have taken this seriously, for I can see many areas that my work needs improvement. Even the masters can improve...so obviously I need a lot of improving to do! lol! One of the ways I am doing this is by working on my CPP certification (Certified professional photographer). I am really hoping I can achieve this title at the end of this year, and the process had taught me not just how much I still need to learn...but how to separate good for great! And great is my goal...we will see...

So for personal enjoyment (and hoping to get one or two images for CPP submission) I asked a couple of beautiful girls to come model for me...I am good friends with both moms, so this made the shoot that much more fun. I went for clean...white and grey background...basic portraits, head shots if you want to call them that. I love what I got, so I decided to share it with you.





Images are copyright of Maria Moore Photography. DO NOT COPY< DOWNLOAD< OR PRINT THIS IMAGES!


4 comments:

  1. Really Really Beautiful, Maria. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Maria!! Que bonita, las dos chicas!!! Gracias por todo los fotos de mi hija!! Me hicieron llorar!! Has captado a ella convertirse en una mujer ( spelling?) ~ N

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful. The black and white of the first girl is incredible! She reminds me of Kate Middleton!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are more stunning than words can express! Your skill with the camera & the models, the light & the composition, combined with all your hard work have produced such striking images that I would have only guessed come from a photographer with a decade of experience. You're an inspiration to us all, Maria!! <3

    ReplyDelete