Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Going a bit retro: urban session- Huntsville, Al teen photographer



Miss Haley is just such an awesome model...it's all I can say because this photo shoot was a bit of a disaster. We drove for an hour to find a certain Coca Cola sign. My Concept was going a bit retro, and highlighting the "urban" style photography that I offer. 

When we got to the location we realized it was full sun...yes, the sun was right on the sign and there was no way to hide. Not one cloud in the sky. My mind went exactly were it always goes when things go wrong; I should have checked what side of the street this was...this all my fault! note to serf: "do not go to new locations unless you checked them out before".

OK, so I decide to forget about the sign and go on with the shoot. Then my 50mm fell of my hand unto the sidewalk and it refused to ever focus again for the entire length of the shoot. It's OK...I had my 35mm. But still!

Then to make things even better (or worse), my reflector's silver reflective sleeve that my assistant uses all the time (yes I can't work without it or Holly) all of the sudden broke. The zipper got jagged. 

This was one of those days, or I might actually say; the first time ever where everything went wrong. However, because we were persistent and Haley is amazing, I got some sweet photographs. The lens was replaced and I bought new reflectors...life is good and these images are AMAZING!

Thank you Haley for been such a trooper and a fun girl to work with...Hope you LOVE your photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment