Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Assignement # 6: In the dark

Hi everyone. This weeks assignment is a bit different. I want you to photograph your loved one in the dark. Yes, you heard me right. No camera flash...turn that puppy off and use another light source to light just what you want to show. It can be using the light from a window, an ipad, a tv, a flashlight, a nearby lamp. Place your subject toward the light. be creative. this should be a fun one :)

happy creating!

And yes...I know I haven't been posting my photos. Soon I will catch up with all of you. Remember...its not about me. Its about you and your own journey. keep it up!


This is my photo for this week's challenge. I gotta admit that I felt so happy to get it done this week. Can't wait to post other and catch up with all of you.

This is Ian. He is the reason I get up in the mornings...

This image was taken at 1250 Iso, 2.8 and 1/00 Illuminated with and Ice light behind subject. ;)


xoxo
Maria

2 comments:

  1. Maria,
    any suggestion for camera settings? This is an area where i have difficulty without natural light/flash. Thanks.

    Karen Stark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen the thing is that it depends on how dark is the dark you are working on. For example a normal darker day inside shot would need at least 800-1600 Iso and small aperture (around 2.8). However if you are using a light source like a lamp or an ipad, or a candle or something of that sort you will meter on the brightest part of the image (meaning face illuminated with this light) and make the exposure decisions then based on how bright that is. If you are using a camera or a iphone in auto...were the camera makes all the decisions, then just make sure that your focus point is on the brightest part of image. Hope this helps

      Delete