Sunday, September 4, 2011

just another sunday...personal note.

We spent our afternoon in the ER. Ian fell at church and opened his cheek bone...right under his eye. 

Rewinding to earlier in the day; I was separated from my family because after volunteering at church had to run to a friend's baby's baptism. I was attending this event and photographing it for her. The Baptism was great but was cut short by a call from Kevin telling me to meet him at the ER. I ran off feeling so sad that I had yet missed another one of my kid's special moments. I should had been there and held him to the hospital. 

I met my family right after and everything was better than expected. He is such a brave little boy and Kevin had handled it incredibly as always. He is such a great Dad and my kids are so lucky to have him.

As we waited at the room...I sat there watching my kids and admiring their great spirits and this strange moment that seemed to put us all together in one place feeling close as a family. I started loving photography because it gave me the ability to capture and freeze my children and their lives one shot at a time. And to be honest...it's been a while since I have actually photographed them. This thought came to mind and I sent Kevin to get my camera. I was not missing this opportunity...

Might seem like a strange moment for you...to photograph your family at the hospital. But for me it was perfect. I tried not to distract the kids from what they were doing and to not make myself noticed. I shot everything that felt special. Everything that made me feel warm...

Doctor came in, Ian got help and we went on with our day. 

I don't know how you are...but for me it's hard sometimes to notice my blessings. Get caught up in what's going on and in the running around...in the mess, in the everyday...in my failures and challenges; but seem to never stop and notice all that God has given me that its perfect. My family. 


PD: Cute little stuffed beards were brought by a Hospital volunteer...its was such a sweet touch.



2 comments:

  1. I'm with you, I'd have taken pictures, too. I keep a point and shoot in my purse for just such occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are absolutely Gorgeous!!!! :))

    ReplyDelete